[lldb-dev] ProcessInstanceInfoList and mixed platform types

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Tue Jul 8 17:05:46 PDT 2014

Is there any reason for a single instance of a ProcessInstanceInfoList to
ever contain processes from multiple platforms all in the same list?

I'm trying to figure out if there's a good way to separate out the platform
specific details of a Process / ProcessInstanceInfo / ProcessLaunchInfo /
ProcessAttachInfo and this is coming into play.

For example, if there's no way for processes from two different platforms
to be in the same list, then in theory these classes could be templatized
with a "Details" class, and you could have, for example, a
PosixProcessDetails and a WindowsProcessDetails.

I feel like at a high level, the core debugger shouldn't really care about
platform specific details, and it's there now as a matter of convenience
(e.g. for easy dumping). So if there's a better way to represent this, it
seems like it would be beneficial.