[lldb-dev] Exception breakpoint questions

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Mon Jul 7 11:30:13 PDT 2014

> On Jul 4, 2014, at 9:41 PM, Bruce Mitchener <bruce.mitchener at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A couple of questions about exception breakpoints:
>
> 1) In SetExceptionBreakpoints in the various LanguageRuntime plugins, the C++ one bails out if m_process is not valid, while the Objective C version doesn't perform that check. Is the check necessary? Should both runtimes perform it? (Should my Dylan language runtime plugin do it?)

You can't have a language runtime if you don't have a process (they get made with a pointer to their process, and are managed by the process.  So this check does not seem necessary.

> 2) ThreadPlanCallFunction requires code for each language runtime currently to deal with exception breakpoints (and a new member variable). Wouldn't it be better to iterate over the active / available language runtime plugins instead (using PluginManager::GetLanguageRuntimeInstances())

It would be fine to do this in a more abstract way, but you have to remember to only clear them if you set them.  Right now these are shared resources.

Jim