[lldb-dev] Test status (Linux) and run expectation question

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Mon Jul 7 09:20:59 PDT 2014

I should also add that as of this moment, we have a several tests (5 or 6
on Linux) that fail intermittently on Linux.  Some of them are due to the
multithreaded test running and attempts by multiple tests to grab resources
(like network ports) without any type of mediator.  We'll be addressing
these in the near future.  I haven't flipped them to skipped since they
tend to run fine in solo mode (running a test at a time), but realistically
we need to either fix them for multithreaded or skip them if they're being
intermittent under load/resource-contention issues.

MacOSX has more tests failing right now (last I checked more like 10+).
 Also, MacOSX tests are not running parallel for some reason we haven't yet
fully diagnosed (but there is a bugzilla bug on it).  I went so far as to
see the thread queues for running the tests were all waiting on the python
subprocess calls appropriately, but only one at a time was actually getting
through.  We'll want to get those tests running in parallel so that they're
more agreeable to run - on Linux I can run the test suite in well under 2
minutes, whereas on MacOSX the combination of fewer cores and no
multithreading means I take 20 - 45 minutes to run the tests.  I'm sure
that's a significant disincentive for running the tests there.

--
Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com | 650-943-3180