[lldb-dev] debug .lldbinit with python script?

Jun Koi junkoi2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 18:37:01 PST 2014

On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:

> "command script import" takes a path to a python file, not a module name:

but it also works with module name. give it a try.
and in the case there is a bug, lldb doesnt report anything, but silently
fails.
hence my question is how to debug it.

> (lldb) command script import /tmp/mytest.py
>
> The "script" command then can then use it:
> (lldb) script mytest.do_something()
>
> The "command script import" command will check to make sure the directory
> in which the python module lives is already in python's module search paths
> or not and it will add the directory to the imports list if needed.

hmm interesting. does "script" report errors in details if python code is
buggy? i need to try this to see if it solves my issue.

thanks,
Jun

On Jan 31, 2014, at 8:26 AM, Jun Koi <junkoi2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i am writing a small python script for .lldbinit, meaning i put something
like this in ~/.lldbinit:

>        command script import mytest
>
> however, lldb silently fails to run "mytest", and i have no idea what is
wrong.

> so question is: how can i debug my code? is there any way to turn on
logging/debugging option, so lldb can let me know what is happening?