[lldb-dev] Supporting new source languages

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Thu Jan 16 08:53:55 PST 2014

We haven't done any research on it yet, but at some point we were going to
look at some minimal support for showing useful backtrace info when on
Android and the back trace hops over a JNI boundary (i.e. into/out of Java,
possibly multiple times), particularly when lldb is stopped in native C/C++
code.  I'm not sure how much (if any) Java language handling we'll do,
since the most basic application of back-trace context probably only needs
to handle looking up symbols on the JVM side.  If we wanted to handle
variable lookup and similar handling that needs to deal with expressions,
we'll probably start caring about this as well.

Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com | 650-943-3180