[lldb-dev] Everyone: please download, build and test the new iohandler branch

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Mon Jan 6 11:45:58 PST 2014

On Jan 3, 2014, at 7:18 PM, Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On 3 January 2014 17:52, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:
>>> (I can commit these changes to the iohandler branch if you like.)
>>
>> Yes, please do!
>
> I've committed this and the getcurx and such global scoping change just now.

Great!

>> Fixed:
>>
>> % svn commit
>> Sending        source/Interpreter/embedded_interpreter.py
>> Transmitting file data .
>> Committed revision 198452.
>
> Thanks - a new failure now:
>
> (lldb) script
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
>  File "/data/emaste/src/llvm/build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/lldb/embedded_interpreter.py",
> line 60, in run_python_interpreter
>    repl = SimpleREPL('>>> ', dict)
> NameError: global name 'SimpleREPL' is not defined

Fixed:

% svn commit
Sending        source/Interpreter/embedded_interpreter.py
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 198629.

>> This is something you will want to figure out on your system to see if you can get the function keys working. There is a work around for Apple builds where we look for \033OP for F1, so if you search for "\033OP" in the sources you can see the work around that we used to map non-standard function keys to the correct key definition.
>
> Ah, so it turns out it actually works as is on my FreeBSD-CURRENT
> laptop.  (I observed the failure on my desktop, which has an older
> version.)

Good.

>> A few things to try in "gui" mode:
>>
>> Press TAB to change the active window. The active window has the solid white border around it. Each window can handle keys differently.
>>
>> when the source view is selected press the following keys:

>> SPACE - set one shot breakpoint on selected line and and run to that line

> Stepping looks like it works fine but SPACE didn't do anything for me.

That should have been ENTER, not SPACE...

>> When the "variables" view is selected:
>> UP/DOWN - use the arrow keys to change the selection around
>
> One issue I noticed - there seems to be an "off by two" in the
> variable window - I can move the highlight down twice from the last
> displayed row before the list starts scrolling.

This was fixed over the weekend. Try it again! Also try the new registers window using View->Registers in the menu!

>>> I also have 19 failing tests when I run the test suite on this branch.
>>
>> Yep, I have about the same thing and we will need to work these things out and fix them.
>
> Ok - good to know it's not (necessarily) a FreeBSD-specific issue.

I am going to fix all of the test suite issues that I can and I will let you know when to run the test suite again.

Greg