[lldb-dev] What is the stop/pause command for lldb?

Matthew Gardiner mg11 at csr.com
Fri Feb 21 02:13:01 PST 2014

Hi people,

What is the command to get a running target (inferior) process to stop
from the lldb command line?

Is it the Control-C sequence, as in gdb?

I've built (from the TRUNK) on 32-bit linux an lldb, with a couple of
local patches (for incorrect register map and broken writes to
dr6/7) and Control-C does not stop the program-being-debugged.

$ lldb hello
Current executable set to 'hello' (i386).
(lldb) run
Process 1996 launching
Process 1996 stopped
* thread #1: tid = 1996, 0x00000000, name = 'hello', stop reason = trace
     frame #0: 0x00000000
error: Input/output error
(lldb) Process 1996 launched: '/home/mg11/src/play/clang-tests/hello/hello' (i386)
Hello from test program!!
<--- I pressed Control-C now --->
(lldb)

All I see is the (lldb) prompt return. But clearly my inferior is not
stopped by the tracer:

$ cat /proc/1996/status
Name:	hello
State:	R (running)
Tgid:	1996
Pid:	1996
PPid:	1989
TracerPid:	1995

So is Control-C the correct command? In which case I imagine I've found
a bug?

Can someone answer this simple question?

thanks
Matthew Gardiner

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com.