[lldb-dev] How to get the entry point of a target like the one in --stop-at-entry

Yin Ma yin at affinic.com
Mon Feb 17 12:46:46 PST 2014

Hi Jim,

In gdb, after an executable is loaded, if you run
Info target, it will tell the information of its entry point.
I believe the Mach-O/ELF/PE should have this defined so OS
Knows where to start the text section.

Our debugger GUI uses this information to help users do
Better to analyze an executable in assembly level when
Debugger symbol is not available. So I am wondering if lldb can
provide this information also by some ways.

Thanks,

Yin