[lldb-dev] interesting note on build times: configure/make vs. cmake/ninja

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Thu Feb 6 17:56:06 PST 2014

Update: fwiw - I am getting totally inaccurate results when using the gold
debugger + cmake/ninja.  I'll have more to say later, but for sure
something is not building correctly.  I'll have to isolate what is causing
it.

lldb-gdbserver built via cmake/ninja/gold linker was seg faulting, and
neither lldb nor gdb could tell me anything useful about the top few frames
of the core.  Building the same code with configure/(g)make gave me
different results (I got the assert failure printed), and the backtrace
looked quite a bit different.

So - until I figure out which piece of the puzzle isn't working, I don't
think I'd recommend Ubuntu ninja/cmake/gold linker until I figure out which
piece (if only one) that is acting funny.