[lldb-dev] available options for building lldb under Windows?

Colin Riley colin at codeplay.com
Mon Feb 3 02:02:06 PST 2014

Hey Todd,

We use trunk. You need the latest Visual Studio 2013. Build a sln using
cmake, with Python disabled.

There may be some issues on tip at the moment, I'll have to check with
other folk here who use it daily :)

Just remember you cannot debug _on_ windows, it simply builds LLDB as to
use it as a remote frontend for other archs. We've been looking at
getting a buildbot up for it, but due to this remote-only fact, it's
quite difficult to do just now.

Cheers,
Colin

On 03/02/2014 06:35, Todd Fiala wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> What methods do we currently support as far as building lldb under
> Windows?  Can I build with VC++, or do I need cygwin or mingw gcc?
>  Does it work in trunk or is there a separate branch?  Anybody on
> point for it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sincerely,
> Todd Fiala
>
> --
> Todd Fiala | 	 Software Engineer | 	tfiala at google.com
> <mailto:tfiala at google.com> | 	650-943-3180

Colin Riley

Codeplay Software Ltd
45 York Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3HP
Phone: +44 131 466 0503
Fax: +44 131 557 6600
Website: http://www.codeplay.com
Twitter: @codeplaysoft

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and /or privileged information and  is for use  by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Codeplay Software Ltd immediately and delete the message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it,or use or disclose its contents to any other person. Any views or other information in this message which do not relate to our business are not authorized by Codeplay software Ltd, nor does this message form part of any contract unless so stated.
As internet communications are capable of data corruption Codeplay Software Ltd does not accept any responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent. Please note that Codeplay Software Ltd does not accept any liability or responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.
Company registered in England and Wales, number: 04567874
Registered office: 81 Linkfield Street, Redhill RH1 6BY