[lldb-dev] Proposal: How to modify lldb for non 8-bit bytes for kalimba processors

Sean Callanan scallanan at apple.com
Fri Aug 29 09:32:42 PDT 2014

One thing that would make testing infinitely easier is if there were a simulator of a 24-bit byte architecture that we could use in our test suite.
It wouldn’t have to simulate the CPU or anything like that – it would just have to let LLDB attach (maybe via the gdb-remote protocol?) and vend information about a very simple core file… enough information that should allow LLDB to backtrace.
Then we would just have to validate the resulting backtrace to make sure we haven’t regressed the fundamentals of unusual byte sizes.

Sean