[lldb-dev] [cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [RFC] Raising LLVM minimum required MSVC version to 2013 for trunk

Yaron Keren yaron.keren at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 14:49:14 PDT 2014

After trying many IDEs on both Linux and Windows my own preference is
Visual Studio.

As for the C++ support, MS are doing much better than before few years when
they were not paying much attention.
See this new blog post

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2014/08/21/c-11-14-features-in-visual-studio-14-ctp3.aspx

Visual C++ 2013 is not up to clang or gcc conformance level, but not that
broken.

clang-cl would be great *except* it knows how to produce debug lines
(codeview) but not full debug information (pdb files), so no real
debugging. That's a real showstopper.

Yaron