[lldb-dev] LLDB Coding Style

Enrico Granata egranata at apple.com
Tue Aug 19 11:09:25 PDT 2014

On the same note, if you have a type Foo and you are frequently going to trade in std::shared_ptr<Foo> across the codebase, it is a convention to typedef std::shared_ptr<Foo> FooSP; and then always trade in FooSPs
It is shorter to type, to parse at a glance, and if C++21 ever decided to make a new awesomer smart pointer type, you just redefine the typedef to std::awesome_shared_ptr<Foo> and you’re good to go!

> On Aug 19, 2014, at 10:58 AM, jingham at apple.com wrote:
>
> We also indicate the the "owning" variables - shared pointer, unique pointer and the like with _sp, _up and though we don't use them much anymore _ap.

Thanks,
- Enrico
📩 egranata@.com ☎️ 27683