[lldb-dev] Enabling warnings as errors

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Fri Aug 15 07:19:49 PDT 2014

My vote is for this:

> I think there should be a WERROR mode in the CMake build, and build bots
should run with it. That way releases etc aren't impacted by new warnings,
but developers *do* notice when they introduce a warning.

In particular, warning with clang.

With the caveat of this:

> You can easily disable warnings that don't have value. We do this all the
time in LLVM.

where there are likely a handful of warnings I'd definitely vote for
turning off (like the full-coverage-enum case with default present).  We
can discuss these as we break warnings that we think are worthwhile (and
fix them) or not (and then disable the warning).

-Todd

Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com | 650-943-3180