[lldb-dev] Pretty Stacktrace Printing for Mixed Native/Java/Python/... Code

Tong Shen endlessroad at google.com
Mon Aug 11 16:26:15 PDT 2014

Hi Jason,

For mixed native/Java code (or native/Python code,
native/SomeFancyProgrammingLanguage code), sometimes we want a "prettier"
stack trace for users.

For example, we may want to:
- skip Java->native wrapper functions, or trampolines that means nothing to
users;
- merge several frames together, because in Java world it's just one stack
frame;
- do some language runtime related function calls to get certain runtime
data;
- put an elephant into refrigerator.

What do you think is the best way to do this?
If possible, we want to do all these in 'bt' command, so it's more
intuitive for users. Or we can extend the stack annotations to do this.
But if they all seem too messy to you, we certainly can keep it out of your
way and maybe write a new command for it.

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards, Tong Shen