[lldb-dev] LLDB_DISABLE_POSIX

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Mon Aug 11 14:49:11 PDT 2014

> On Aug 11, 2014, at 2:44 PM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
>
> Well, ideally we should strive to have any system calls get moved into the Host layer anyway, and so that problem would solve itself by by just getting rid of checks to LLDB_DISABLE_POSIX.  So maybe I'll revisit this question after I can get rid of more of these uses of LLDB_DISABLE_POSIX and put more stuff into Host layer.

We didn't have the time to come up with a complete host layer when we started working on lldb; we needed to get something up and working and other abstractions were more important than that.  So a bunch of unix'y assumptions crept in all over the place.  Cleaning that up seems the right way to address this!

Thanks...

Jim