[lldb-dev] Launching a process in another window versus same window?

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Thu Aug 7 17:20:49 PDT 2014

Does LLDB have a way to distinguish between a desire to launch a process in
the same window versus a new window?  If I'm not mistaken launching a new
process just sends stdout and stdin to the same terminal by default, but on
Windows the normal / expected debugging experience is to launch a separate
console window and interact with the debugger and the application through
separate consoles.

Does LLDB distinguish between these two cases somehow, and if so what
setting am I looking for?  I don't see anything in lldb::LaunchFlags