[lldb-dev] unable to build lldb on linux

Yin Ma yin at affinic.com
Sat Apr 5 20:17:09 PDT 2014

Hi Thiago,

You need gcc 4.8 to build lldb on Linux. Actually, 4.7 may work also.

We have successfully to build lldb under older Suse 11.3 x86_64 and even on

older 11.1 x86 version. Besides putting all required libraries into your system,

you also need matched llvm, clang and lldb. The tip of llvm clang lldb may not

compatible each other. You need git back several days and try again.

I remember the required libraries are

Libedit, libncurse, python 2.7, gcc 4.8

Yin