[lldb-dev] Question on using lldb inside a GUI

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Tue Sep 24 10:13:32 PDT 2013

As everyone has already indicated, you will want to link to the LLDB.framework (on MacOSX), "lldb.so" (linux, unixes), or "lldb.dll" on windows. We export a C++ interface that allows you to run LLDB through full API. Xcode on MacOSX links to LLDB.framework in order to do its debugging so we know the API is complete and works for GUI debuggers.

The C++ API reference is available at:
http://lldb.llvm.org/cpp_reference/html/index.html