[lldb-dev] lldb 3.4 rc1 is failing with gcc 4.6

Ted Woodward ted.woodward at codeaurora.org
Tue Nov 26 10:50:31 PST 2013

I went and built gcc 4.8.2 on Ubuntu 12.04. I had to jump through several
hoops - missing packages, and
I had to set C_INCLUDE_PATH for it to find things like bits.h.

Once that was done I build llvm/clang/compiler-rt/lldb. I had to unset
C_INCLUDE_PATH so it could find features.h.

Finally I ran lldb. It failed with this message:
Debug+Asserts/bin/lldb: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found

I was able to get lldb to run by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the gcc
4.8.2 install/lib64 directory.
Any thoughts on how I can build with the system's GLIBCXX? I'd rather not
have to ship a gcc library with
my product.

Ted