[lldb-dev] Linker error on fresh working copy

Jason Molenda jmolenda at apple.com
Fri Nov 22 21:05:34 PST 2013

I added --enable-cxx11 to build-llvm.pl, removed my existing llvm-build directory, did a clean build with Xcode and I got a successful link.

The problem came up due to the changes in r195239.  When included in C++11 mode, SmallPtrSet.h calls a method in SmallPtrSet.cpp (in llvm).  llvm was being built in C++03 mode so the additional method wasn't emitted for SmallPtrSet.o; lldb included SmallPtrSet.h in C++11 mode so a reference to that function was emitted.

(just to state the obvious - I'm sure we were all on the same page here)