[lldb-dev] Java ::posix_spawnp permission denied

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Fri Nov 22 16:30:08 PST 2013

lldb doesn't know anything about launching Java applications.  At present lldb knows about ordinary Unix executables, in which case we pass the binary to posix_spawn, or a .app bundle, in which case we look up the Executable key in the bundle's Info.plist and pass that to posix_spawn.  I also don't know anything about how Java applications are packaged on OS X.  But it would not at all surprise me if it isn't straight-forward, in which case you will have to figure out what actually gets launched when running your Java application and get lldb to run that by hand somehow.

Jim