[lldb-dev] [LLVMdev] an annoying runtime bug of lldb on redhat enterprise linux 6.3 with gcc 4.8.2

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 07:41:45 PST 2013

Hi Yang,

On 15 November 2013 01:30, æšć‹‡ć‹‡ <triple.yang at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. at first, "(lldb)" prompt is missing and input from keyboard is not
> printed out, which means whatever I type, I can not read them on screen.
> Still, lldb corresponds to the command I type on condition that I input them
> correctly. lldb gives tips if I type a wrong command string.

I see similar, but not identical, symptoms on Linux. I think what I
type is always echoed, but the prompt randomly decides not to appear.
There's clearly something odd in how it's interacting with libedit
(does ldd report it using the same readline-substitute on RedHat?),
but I'm not sure where to start either.

> 2. if situation mentioned above appears and I type "quit" to exit lldb, a
> segmentation fault (core dumped) happen. I debug lldb with gdb-7.6.1, and
> track the segmentation fault source to a message "Program received signal
> SIGSEGV, segmentation fault. 0x3b55c07fc3 in pthread_join () from
> /lib64/libpthread.so.0".

This one should be fixed in 3.4 (or any build after about June). It
had the right combination of annoying and easy to track down.

Cheers.

Tim