[lldb-dev] Python support for Windows LLDB

Deepak Panickal deepak at codeplay.com
Mon Nov 11 10:59:22 PST 2013

Hi,

Python is currently disabled for LLDB Windows builds. We would like to
enable LLDB Python support in Windows, as it would be especially helpful
for running the LLDB test suite.

Currently, shell scripts are used for generating the swig wrapper
classes and hence they would not work in Windows. They can be made to
work using MSYS bash in Windows, but that would be adding another
dependency to build LLDB.

We were thinking of a platform-independent solution, such as converting
the currently used bash scripts to Python, so that they would work in
Windows too along with other platforms and also avoid maintaining
separate scripts.

Is this acceptable to proceed, or are there other approaches?

Thanks,
Deepak