[lldb-dev] Compile failure on FreeBSD

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Fri May 31 13:12:41 PDT 2013

On 31 May 2013 15:26, Malea, Daniel <daniel.malea at intel.com> wrote:
> Hi Ed! Thanks for the patches; I committed the first two hunks (r183032)!

Thanks.

> However, the third looks a bit suspicious:
>
> On 2013-05-31 3:06 PM, "Ed Maste" <emaste at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
>>+if ( CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "FreeBSD" )
>>+include_directories(
>>+  Plugins/Process/Linux
>
> Should that read Plugins/Process/FreeBSD instead?

Yep, a cut-and-pasteo.  Updated hunk, compile tested only (still fails to link):

+if ( CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "FreeBSD" )
+include_directories(
+  Plugins/Process/FreeBSD
+  Plugins/Process/POSIX
+  )
+endif ()

(It compiled with my original error, but the first line should be
included for consistency with the Linux config, I think.)

Everything compiles, but fails to link -- a handful of undefined
references from Commands to BreakpointIDList.  A specific example:
.../llvm/tools/lldb/source/Commands/CommandObjectBreakpoint.cpp:(.text+0x790):
undefined reference to
`lldb_private::BreakpointIDList::AddBreakpointID(lldb_private::BreakpointID)'

It'll take a bit of digging since this is my first real foray into CMake.

-Ed