[lldb-dev] PATCH for REVIEW: Implement Linux Host::FindProcesses()

Michael Sartain mikesart at valvesoftware.com
Wed May 15 11:10:05 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Malea, Daniel <daniel.malea at intel.com>wrote:

> I verified the implementation works as expected on Linux (Ubuntu 12.10),
> but I notice you're not filling in the process architecture. I believe
> there's an existing comment about why it's better to determine the arch in
> a different place, so it's probably fine to omit for now, but unless
> someone has any qualms, I will file a bug to also list the process'
> architectures when the user does "platform process list"; currently that
> field just shows "0".

Ha! You are good. I'm actually about halfway through a
GetELFProcessCPUType() function right now. It looks like I have to follow
the exe link and read the elf header to get that data, but it's not too
bad. Chris Lattner was kinda enough to get me commit access, so hopefully
I'll have something for folks to review later today and then try to submit
it myself if it looks ok.

>  In addition to fixing the platform command bug (functionalities/platform)
> this patch also fixes the attach-by-name test cases (python_api/hello_world
> and functionalities/process_attach)!
>
> Committed in r181904, tests re-enabled in r181905.

Thank you much for checking and getting this in Daniel. Appreciate it.
 -Mike