[lldb-dev] Building lldb on Mac command line

Mike Sartain mikesart at valvesoftware.com
Tue Jun 18 15:33:52 PDT 2013

From: Greg Clayton [gclayton at apple.com]
> If you edit your Xcode application preferences and set them like this:

If anyone has a problem with Xcode consistently crashing when you try to modify those settings, it will work if you don't have a project open. At least that was the case on my machine.

I also ran into the "user interaction is not allowed" failure when building debugserver. Perhaps this is because I'm ssh'd to the box now? In any case, I google'd a bit, and came across this solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/577750/running-xcodebuild-from-a-forked-terminal

Ran this:  security unlock-keychain /Users/mikesart/Library/Keychains/login.keychain

And can now build. If that's not ok, please let me know.

So what is the best way to run the build verification tests on the Mac from the command line? I've tried various -scheme "Run Testsuite" type things, but nothing seems to happen. Just run dotest.py from the test directory?

Thanks.
 -Mike