[lldb-dev] enumerating the SBTypes from an SBModule

Sebastien Metrot meeloo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 06:56:04 PDT 2013

I have investigated a bit and added a hack to SBModule::FindTypes(..) to get all the types when the requested type name is null. (I have also changed lldb_private::TypeList in order to fetch all its contents in a std::vector in one go instead of calling GetTypeAtIndex which is way to slow when the list grows big).

I works in a strange way: the first time I call it I only get about 10 types, but each time I request the list the number of type gets bigger (much bigger, after about 10 call I reach a maximum of ~64K types). My guess is that it's due to lazy evaluation/parsing. I tried to understand the type parsing code but it's fairly complex and I don't really want to break anything with my little experiments.

I have attached a patch showing the changes I did.

I would welcome any help, thanks in advance,

S.