[lldb-dev] thread list format

Michael Sartain mikesart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 14:09:07 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Ed Maste <emaste at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Also, It looks like you've switched the tids to decimal here, which
> we'll want to do also on FreeBSD.  My guess is that on Darwin it's
> desired to keep displaying them in hex; can we do a target-specific
> tid formatter?

This is part of a patch I'm working on right now. It's only partly done so
far (to get feedback from Matt), but here it is:

http://llvm-reviews.chandlerc.com/D1189

I'll add the ability to have a target specific formatter and default it to
be decimal for FreeBSD and Linux.

One of Matt's comments:

I was thinking we could create a new class LinuxThread which would inherit
> from POSIXThread and we implement Linux specific behavior in that class.
> There is a similar parallel with the ProcessPOSIX and ProcessLinux classes.
> Doing this would save us from Linux ifdefs. Although one would still be
> needed to create to the instances of LinuxThread from the ProcessPOSIX
> class.
> In this particular case, we could implement our own RefreshStateAfterStop
> in LinuxThread to invalidate the thread name and then call the POSIXThread
> version of RefreshStateAfterStop.
> We'll probably start running into some more Linux specific behavior anyway
> and FreeBSD support is ramping up as well.

If you have any comments / suggestions on this, I'd love to hear em also...

Thanks Ed.

 -Mike