[lldb-dev] Losing prompt when running any python commands

Michael Sartain mikesart at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 08:48:33 PDT 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 5:24 AM, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org>wrote:

> Sure. I could backport it for the distributions I am supporting on
> llvm.org/apt/.
>
> However, before doing so, I would just like to hear back from the
> current libedit maintainer (to avoid duplicating the work on the package).

In case anyone else is running into prompt issues on Linux, we took libedit
3.1, compiled it, shoved it in lldb/extern/libedit/libedit-3.1 and made the
changes below to our working lldb source tree. (
https://bitbucket.org/mikesart/lldb_branch ) This is allowing us to get
around these issues until a more official solution is worked out.
 -Mike

source/CMakeLists.txt

if ( CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "Linux" )
set( LLDB_SYSTEM_LIBS
  ${LLDB_SOURCE_DIR}/extern/libedit/libedit-3.1/lib/libedit.a
  tinfo
  python2.7
  )
else()
set( LLDB_SYSTEM_LIBS
  edit
  python2.7
  )
endif()

tools/driver/CMakeLists.txt

if ( CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME MATCHES "Linux" )
include_directories("../../extern/libedit/libedit-3.1/include")
endif()