[lldb-dev] breakpoint command

Michael Sartain mikesart at valvesoftware.com
Tue Jul 2 18:52:19 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:

> That sounds fine to me. Since the symbol's start address is already in
> section/offset format, it will be a really quick lookup within the module
> itself to resolve the function.

Something like the below look ok?

Thanks Greg.
 -Mike

uint32_t
Symbol::GetPrologueByteSize ()
{
            const Address &base_address = m_addr_range.GetBaseAddress();
            Function *function =
base_address.CalculateSymbolContextFunction();
            if (function)
            {
                // Functions have line entries which can also potentially
have end of prologue information.
                // So if this symbol points to a function, use the prologue
information from there.
                m_type_data = function->GetPrologueByteSize();
            }
            else
            {
                ... do regular symbol prologue calculations ...