[lldb-dev] "get memory" requests in lldb remote

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Wed Jan 30 10:43:39 PST 2013

Yes, after we initially attach, the dynamic loader needs to detect all shared libraries that are loaded. To do this, it walks some quick data structures, and then it creates mach-o files from memory, which means each shared library reads its load commands for all the segments. We need to do this so we can see where things are loaded, so we can tell the images on disk how they should be slid. There is really no way to avoid these reads.

Greg Clayton