[lldb-dev] Q: link order for lldb

Pawel Wodnicki root at 32bitmicro.com
Wed Jan 16 14:23:09 PST 2013

Hi,

 I got to the point where I can link on cygwin. I am using
configure/make to build, but at the moment it seems to be
a bit broken and on cygwin does not produce proper link command.

 I just want to link for now :-) so I am fiddling with Makefile
and running into link problems like:

.../lib/liblldbExpression.a(DWARFExpression.o):DWARFExpression.cpp:(.text+0x1d74):
undefined reference to`lldb_private::DataEncoder::~DataEncoder()'

I do not think I have a complete nor even correct link order (pasted
below for reference) and the moment I do not have access to OS X
nor Linux machine to check.

Is there a way to determine proper order of dependencies for lldb?

Paweł

-llldbAPI -llldbBreakpoint -llldbCommands \
-llldbCore -llldbExpression -llldbHostCommon -llldbInitAndLog \
-llldbInterpreter -llldbPluginABIMacOSX_arm -llldbPluginABIMacOSX_i386 \
-llldbPluginABISysV_x86_64 -llldbPluginDisassemblerLLVM \
-llldbPluginDynamicLoaderStatic -llldbPluginEmulateInstructionARM \
-llldbPluginLanguageRuntimeCPlusPlusItaniumABI \
-llldbPluginLanguageRuntimeObjCAppleObjCRuntime \
-llldbPluginObjectContainerBSDArchive -llldbPluginObjectFileELF \
-llldbPluginObjectFilePECOFF -llldbPluginPlatformGDBServer \
-llldbPluginProcessGDBRemote -llldbPluginSymbolFileDWARF \
-llldbPluginSymbolFileSymtab -llldbPluginUnwindAssemblyInstEmulation \
-llldbPluginUnwindAssemblyx86 -llldbPluginUtility -llldbSymbol \
-llldbTarget -llldbUtility -lclangAnalysis -lclangAST -lclangBasic \
-lclangCodeGen -lclangFrontend -lclangDriver -lclangEdit \
-lclangLex -lclangRewriteCore  -lclangRewriteFrontend -lclangParse
-lclangSema -lclangSerialization \
-lLLVMMCDisassembler -llldbPluginPlatformMacOSX \
-llldbPluginPlatformLinux -llldbPluginPlatformFreeBSD \
-llldbPluginDynamicLoaderPOSIX -Wl,--no-whole-archive \
-lLLVMLinker -lLLVMArchive -lLLVMMCJIT -lLLVMJIT -lLLVMRuntimeDyld \
-lLLVMExecutionEngine -lLLVMipo -lLLVMVectorize -lLLVMInstrumentation \
-lLLVMBitWriter -lLLVMBitReader -lLLVMAsmParser -lLLVMX86AsmParser \
-lLLVMX86Disassembler -lLLVMX86CodeGen -lLLVMSelectionDAG \
-lLLVMAsmPrinter -lLLVMMCParser -lLLVMCodeGen -lLLVMScalarOpts \
-lLLVMInstCombine -lLLVMTransformUtils -lLLVMipa -lLLVMAnalysis \
-lLLVMX86Desc -lLLVMX86Info -lLLVMTarget -lLLVMX86AsmPrinter -lLLVMMC \
-lLLVMObject -lLLVMX86Utils -lLLVMCore -lLLVMSupport -Wl,--no-undefined \
-lpthread -ldl -lm