[lldb-dev] cmake errors with lldb on Windows 7

Yaron Keren yaron.keren at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 06:21:46 PST 2013

Hi,

I am not sure if lldb is supposed to work on Windows. I am using cmake
2.8.12 with latest svn lldb, llvm, clang.

Before checking out lldb the llvm+clang projects build OK.
After checking out lldb into tools\lldb, cmake fails on lldb CMakeLists.txt:

cmake -G "Visual Studio 11" -D LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=X86 -D
LLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=1  ..

errors:

-- Configuring done
CMake Error:
  Error evaluating generator expression:

    $<LINK_ONLY:-Wl,--start-group>

  $<LINK_ONLY> expression requires exactly one parameter.

CMake Warning (dev) in tools/lldb/source/CMakeLists.txt:
  Policy CMP0022 is not set: INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES defines the link
  interface.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0022" for policy details.  Use the
  cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  Static library target "liblldb" has a INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES property.
  This should be preferred as the source of the link interface for this
  library.  Ignoring the property and using the link implementation as the
  link interface instead.
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

should this error be ignored or fixed somehow?

Yaron