[lldb-dev] gdb-remote to android gdbserver

Sebastien Metrot meeloo at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 10:53:02 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have started to investigate connecting lldb to gdbserver running on an android device (arm). It connects correctly, I'm able to start the remote program and interrupt it but lldb doesn't permit me to access any data as it says the current frame is invalid:

mbp:NativeTest meeloo$ lldb ../../../ndk/samples/hello-gl2/libs/armeabi/libgl2jni.so
Current executable set to '../../../ndk/samples/hello-gl2/libs/armeabi/libgl2jni.so' (arm).
(lldb) gdb-remote
error: gdb-remote [<hostname>:]<portnum>
(lldb) gdb-remote 127.0.0.1:5039
Process 12260 stopped
* thread #1: tid = 0x2fe4, , stop reason = signal SIGTRAP
    frame #0:
(lldb) frame variable
error: invalid frame
(lldb) continue
Process 12260 resuming
---- Here I hit Ctrl+C
Process 12260 stopped
* thread #1: tid = 0x2fe4, , stop reason = signal SIGINT
    frame #0:
(lldb) continue
Process 12260 resuming
(lldb) process interrupt
Process 12260 stopped
* thread #1: tid = 0x2fe4, , stop reason = signal SIGINT
    frame #0:
(lldb) register read
error: invalid frame
(lldb) process status
Process 12260 stopped
* thread #1: tid = 0x2fe4, , stop reason = signal SIGINT
    frame #0:

Does anyone have already tried to do this kind of things? I'm trying to get it to work before moving to implementing android support in my program with the C++ API...

Thanks in advance,

S.