[lldb-dev] Guessing pointed data size

Sebastien Metrot meeloo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 17:13:17 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to guess the size of data that was malloc'd in the debugged process. I know there is an unsupported malloc_size function on MacOSX that is equivalent to _msize on Win32 (not found the equivalent on linux yet) and I'm wondering what would be the best way to call these functions in the debugged process+address space in order to display the data that is pointed to as children of the pointer instead of a single value as of now.

I though there was a way call a debuggee function with the lldb API but I haven't found it so I'm starting to think I have just imagined it.

S.