[lldb-dev] lldb test failures on 32bit

Kaylor, Andrew andrew.kaylor at intel.com
Fri Aug 16 16:07:17 PDT 2013

Hi Mike,

A variation of reloc-fix-32.patch was committed today by Richard Mitton.

I need to do something with stack-fix-32.patch.  If I'm reading the documentation correctly, it appears that stack frames really do need to be 8-byte aligned in Darwin even for 32-bit code.

Unfortunately, we're using the same ABI plugin for 32-bit x86 code on Darwin and Linux and at the level where this check is performed we don't know which we're looking at.  As far as I know, there really isn't a significant difference between the two scenarios, so I don't think we'd want a totally separate ABI plug-in.  I just need to see if there's an easy way to give it a little target information when it's created so it can handle the special cases.

As for your patch, am I correct in thinking that I should ignore the history in that review?  Can you explain the change to me?  What values were you seeing for sh_entsize and sh_addralign?

-Andy