[lldb-dev] lldb remote protocol

Félix Cloutier felixcca at yahoo.ca
Sat Aug 10 14:38:55 PDT 2013

I am developing an emulator program and I would like to implement a debugger stub (over TCP) to which I could connect using the remote debugging features of lldb to assist me. GDB documents its communication protocol, but I'm not a fan of how every concern happens at the same level (especially reliability), so I was hoping the LLDB protocol could be more modern.

Is there documentation for it? The commands seem to be declared in tools/debugserver/source/RNBRemote.h, but I don't expect to implement all of it and I'm not sure what's absolutely necessary and what's not so necessary, and I'm not sure how packets are formed.

Is this documented anywhere, or is the best way to grab the source and check for myself?

Félix