[lldb-dev] Anyone who has built lldb successfully on RHEL 6.x?

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 6 17:48:52 PDT 2013

Hi Dan,

Thanks for responding.  Regretably, using clang 3.3 to build lldb on RHEL 6.4 didn't work out. I said so explicitly in my original post, extracted below for reference:

After reading the page: http://lldb.llvm.org/build.html, I have been trying to build lldb with the following two approaches:

(I) using llvm/clang 3.3 together with libc++/libc++abi so the build is free of libstdc++:

This is what I used to configure the build:

../llvm/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-optimized --disable-assertions --enable-targets=host-only --enable-cxx11=yes --enable-libcpp=yes --with-extra-ld-options="-lc++abi"

The resulting Release/bin/lldb crashes even for simple things like help x-(

Yes. I did build and use libc++ 3.3 as well.

-- Zack