[lldb-dev] Building and signing debugserver

Richard Mitton richard at codersnotes.com
Tue Aug 6 15:23:16 PDT 2013

Hi all,

So I'm trying to build debugserver for OS X. I followed all the steps in
code_signing.txt and was able to get a debugserver binary.

When I run lldb using this binary, I get a dialog asking for 'Developer
Tools Access' in order to run it. If I enter my password this works
fine. (although I'm not sure if it sticks over a reboot)

-However- if I try and SSH into this machine and run it from there, it
fails ("initial process state wasn't stopped"). I believe this is
because the permissions dialog only applies to the current session, so
the SSH shell doesn't inherit it (and can't open a GUI to ask me).

So, what is the process needed to permanently grant permissions for the
debugserver binary? I can make it work by changing the owner of the file
to root/wheel and setting the setuid bit, but I'm not sure if this is
the right solution.

--
Richard Mitton
richard at codersnotes.com