[lldb-dev] Porting lldb to a new OS

Filipe Cabecinhas filcab at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:14:55 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I wanted to create lldb plugins for a new OS, but would like some advice.

I should be able to use the ABI and Disassembler plugins.
But not the others.

Where would you suggest I start implementing? Should I start with
ObjectFile, then DynamicLoader, then Core files, for example?
Debugging Core files with lldb is my first goal.

While implementing an ObjectFile plugin, without the others, how would
you suggest I test it?

I've tested a full debugger implementation, but testing
partially-implemented debuggers is different. :-)

Thanks,

  Filipe