[lldb-dev] debug server help

Carlo Kok ck at remobjects.com
Tue Sep 18 13:56:34 PDT 2012

Op 18-9-2012 21:54, Carlo Kok schreef:
> Op 18-9-2012 20:06, Greg Clayton schreef:
>> I removed all uses of "%z" modifiers in our printf format strings in
>> top of tree. Merge top of tree over to get the fixes:
>>

> Thanks for the help Greg (and João Matos). Limited remote debugging
> works now on Windows (after my latest commit), start, continue,
> breakpoint, kill and event handling (Through code only, the driver is
> still not working on Windows).

I noticed it transfers about 16mb worth of data (for a single bp on main
in a printf("hello"); sleep() function). What options do I have to
optimize this? It seems to be doing lots of "Read memory" from within
the symbol loading code (and if I kill the process while it does it it
sigsegv-s). I couldn't find a "need symbols for dylib/file X" event I
could hook up to (i can get the files over and store them locally that
way it could load it from disk)

--
Carlo Kok