[lldb-dev] Support for Linux core files

Martin Milata xmilata at fi.muni.cz
Mon Oct 15 03:09:23 PDT 2012

Hello,
I would like to write a simple tool that, given a Linux core dump,
produces a list of variables and their values (for those variables for
which it can be determined). I'm considering writing the tool on top of
LLDB.

If I understand correctly, there is no support for Linux cores in LLDB.
What would it take to implement it? Is it just a matter of implementing
the Process subclass for Linux cores? Or is there any other
Linux-related functionality missing? I see that there is support for
Linux processes but I haven't been successful in compiling LLDB yet, so
I can not try it out myself.

Thanks,
Martin Milata