[lldb-dev] weird AV in RunPrivateStateThread.

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Fri Nov 9 10:00:40 PST 2012

Sounds like there may be a race or shutdown condition or some other way that WaitForEventsPrivate () is returning false and not filling in an event.

You can place do:

if (WaitForEventsPrivate (NULL, event_sp, control_only))
{
}
else
{
    ... log an error that we expected to get something, or maybe call "break;"???
}

If this is happening on shutdown, it might be expected. If this is happening while running, we really need to figure out why we aren't getting an event (again, race condition? shutdown flow error?)