[lldb-dev] occasionally broken lldb cmdline on linux

Dragos Tatulea dragos.tatulea at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:29:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

Not sure if I'm the only one noticing this: after playing around a bit with
the lldb command line, the typed characters and the prompt are no longer
displayed. This is happening intermittently but it's annoying.

Attached a patch that fixes this. Not a proper fix though, more like a work
around: the "(lldb)" prompt is sometimes further away from index 0, usually
having a newline character just before it. The work around was to find the
prompt within all the string, not only at position 0. Not sure why
the prompt has that extra newline though... I wounder how this affects Mac
OS.

Thanks,
Dragos