[lldb-dev] Code signing issue

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Tue Jul 26 10:21:16 PDT 2011

Le 26 juil. 2011 à 15:05, Andrey Zaytsev a écrit :

> Hello everyone.
> I'm building lldb on personal mac. Code signing is done as described in docs/code-signing.txt
> When I'm deploying it on our distributed build-system lldb doesn't work and gives the following message: "failed to get the task for process 92135"
> What is my options? Can I just turn code-signing off to make it work on any machine?
> Thanks.

lldb has to be signed to be able to use task_for_pid() (see 'man taskgated' for details).
And yours signing certificate has to be installed (and trusted) on all deployments machines.
Apple's version is signed using a trusted certificate (just like gdb and many other dev tools), that's why it works out of the box on all machines.

Signing with a commercial certificate distributed by a trusted CA should works but I never try, so I can t'ell.

-- Jean-Daniel