[lldb-dev] i386 support for linux

Marco Minutoli mminutoli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 11:21:02 PST 2011

Hello everybody,

some days ago I noticed that lldb at the moment is missing the support
for i386 debugging on Linux and having some spare time I tried to
modify the plugin for the x86_64 architecture. In the attachment you
can find the patch. Any comments/suggestions or whatever are welcome,
you know I am a student and I have a lot to learn.

Before updating from svn the patch was able to compile and lldb was
able to run programs on my 32bit installation of Ubuntu. Now It seems
that something is broken due to a missing method. The exact error is:

LinuxThread.cpp:69:22: error: no member named 'GetGenericCPUType' in
'lldb_private::ArchSpec'
        switch (arch.GetGenericCPUType())

What has changed?

Best Regards
Marco

--
Marco Minutoli
Skype: mminutoli

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x;
y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." --A. Einstein