[lldb-dev] Compilation on Linux

James Molloy james at jamesmolloy.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 05:38:13 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm working through trying to get LLDB to compile on linux again - I've done
the obvious fixes but there are a couple of questions I need to ask:

* Has anyone successfully compiled LLDB with the latest clang SVN? The API
appears to have changed significantly for some of the files in
source/Expression, and I lack the expertise to fix the compile errors
satisfactorily (for example, where a function now takes an extra argument).

* The function "UpdateLoadedSections()", only called from ProcessLinux calls
a function (callback?) called SectionsLoaded() which is no longer in the
codebase. The function header contains a FIXME that suggests delegation to
the DynamicLoader plugin - Can I assume that as that plugin is now available
the UpdateLoadedSections function is now deprecated and can be removed?

* StackFrame::StackFrame now takes two extra arguments; unwind_idx and
SymbolContext. I've duplicated unwind_idx from the original "idx" parameter
for the moment (in Linuxthread.cpp), but how do I obtain a SymbolContext*?

* Other than an absolute stackload of warnings (on GCC 4.1.2, yes, archaic I
know) LLDB compiles alright.

If someone could either fix for lastest clang or point me in the right
direction I can provide a patch, if you're interested.

Cheers,

James