[Lldb-commits] [PATCH] D12416: Parse dotest.py/dosep.py output, providing general stats and skip reason breakdown by counts.
Greg Clayton via lldb-commits
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 28 09:18:36 PDT 2015
clayborg requested changes to this revision.
clayborg added a comment.
This revision now requires changes to proceed.
I would like to see a few things as long as we are chaning things:
- get rid of dosep.py and just put the functionality into dotest.py if possible, it can just spawn itself in different modes
- if we can't get rid of dosep.py lets make all options that work for dotest.py work in dosep.py
- we should never have to launch dosep.py with any arguments in order for it to run correctly
- add options for formatted (JSON) output and have dosep.py (or dotest.py if we move dosep.py functionality over there) enable that option when spawning subprocesses. We can then parse the output easily in the tools that spawns the sub processes and we can expand the format as needed. This would also allow for buildbots to translate the results of the testing into their preferred format for correct display for the buildbot web interfaces.
- all functionality should exist in dotest.py (no external reporting python scripts...)
More information about the lldb-commits