[Lldb-commits] [lldb] r228860 - Update the coding standard to reflect recent changes.
zturner at google.com
Wed Feb 11 10:24:38 PST 2015
Date: Wed Feb 11 12:24:38 2015
New Revision: 228860
Update the coding standard to reflect recent changes.
This removes the rule from the LLDB coding standard about putting
a space after function names and before parentheses. We now
conform to the LLVM style guide. If you previously wrote
pointer->func (args), it would now be written pointer->func(args).
Using clang-format will do this automatically.
--- lldb/trunk/www/lldb-coding-conventions.html (original)
+++ lldb/trunk/www/lldb-coding-conventions.html Wed Feb 11 12:24:38 2015
@@ -69,12 +69,6 @@
easy to move through pages so the extra line is less important than the ease of picking
out the method names, which is what you generally are scanning for.
- <p>Another place where lldb and llvm differ is in whether to put a space between a function
- name, and the parenthesis that begins its argument list. In lldb, we insert a space between
- the name and the parenthesis, except for functions that take no parameters, or when the
- function is in a chain of functions calls. However, this rule has been applied rather
- haphazardly in lldb at present.
<p>lldb's naming conventions are different and slightly more restrictive than the llvm
ones. The goal is to make it easy to tell from immediate context the lifespan
More information about the lldb-commits